Old 25-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Vox Humana

Default Spruce rust?

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
.. .
Living here for 24 years, I am familiar
with white pine blister rust (endemic so
I sacrificed a favoured 20 ft. white pine a year
ago). Is there a similar disease of spruces
or other fir-type evergreens? The brown
coloration on my 5 ft spruces certainly
looks like rust. Advice welcome.
--

As has been mentioned, it could be spruce needle cast disease. I just lost
a blue spruce standard that was part of a pair flanking my garage. I