Old 14-07-2013, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Figs

In article ,
RustyHinge wrote:
On 11/07/13 14:36, Martin wrote:

Do figs grow tree sized in S England like they do in Greece?

And the north.

At bawdy school (Brentwood) in 1949/50 we plundered the *huge* fig tree
in the kitchen garden.

Delicious, plump, purple fruit with seedless pink juicy flesh.

'Twas this memory which prompted me to buy my Brown Turkey.

Yes - but we have never got more than a couple :-(

My best schoolday example was a quince tree, where only 4 boys
ate the quinces - me, my two brothers and one other.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.