Old 14-07-2013, 10:22 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow[_2_] View Post
Can anyone identify this plant for me please?

I want to cut it back but am reluctant to do so until I know what it is
and what time of year would be best. It is so nice, I do not want to
kill it.

i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w651/yellow641/IMG_8903_zps0895a13b.jpg

Thanks so much.
It's a Weigela. My personal experience is that it's quite forgiving, but a general rule of thumb is to cut back after flowering. If you want to do a major cut back, spread it over 3 years, cutting back 1/3 of the branches each year.