Old 15-07-2013, 01:34 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods[_2_] Gary Woods[_2_] is offline

Default Bill Gates and GMO Cronies Plan $30 million Seed Vault while poisoning the planet

Billy wrote:

As the article notes,"The only way to stop these . . . with extra deep
pockets is to start saving our own seed. If enough of us do this, it
wonąt matter how many millions of seeds they store in their vault.

So who else is going to the SSE campout in Decorah, IA next weekend? A
lot of people are doing just what the article suggests, and Seed Saver's
Exchange has its own storage as well as participating in the Svalbard
"doomsday*" vault.
FWIW, contributors to the vault retain control of their seeds, but there is
an escape clause if they aren't still around. Personally, I'm OK with
that.

*I don't like the title either, but it seems to have stuck.