Old 15-07-2013, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Cornish hotel garden

On 2013-07-14 23:20:12 +0100, David Rance said:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 Sacha wrote:

On Sun, 14th July 2013 Jake wrote:

But the message to which you are replying didn't come from me (I don't
use Giganews). However, for historic professional reasons, I have
contacts at Giganews and I've emailed some header info for them to
look at. Bypasses the usual abuse system which rarely achieves
anything. I've suggested they trace back to ISP rather than just to
Giganews account.
Let's see what happens next.

Good move. In the meantime perhaps it would be best to ignore it?

When people write unpleasant messages under their own names then it is
very easy to ignore them. But when people are posting messages using
the identity of well-known and respected posters, then it's probably a
good idea to draw attention to that fact otherwise a great deal of
confusion will occur with those who are more on the edges of urg -
which is, after all, the purpose of "stealing" the identities in the
first place.

There seem to be two people doing this, maybe the two are one and the
same person - I'm not sure. One is using ForteAgent with an ID ending
in 1200, the other is using Groundhog for Android. That may change in
the future.

I'm not suggesting we make a big deal of this but simply refute any new
such postings immediately they are noticed - as Jake has done. It's
easy to recognise them by looking at the full headers.

David

All good points, David. I have no idea what 'fun' people get out of
those but perhaps their raison d'etre is simply to be a pain in the
fundament.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com