Old 15-07-2013, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default White Rot

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:22:37 PM UTC+1, Bob Hobden wrote:
We have this disease in our soil on the allotment and have learnt to live

with it. However this year it seems very bad, usually we get one or two

plants in a row that rot but this year it's totally reversed in the case of

our French Grey Shallots, only two good plants. Our garlic and Jermor

Shallots have also suffered much worse than usual and we have today pulled

up a large bag of onions that have stopped growing and fallen over because

of it.

How is it for those of you with this soil born disease this year?

-- Regards

Bob Hobden

Posting to this Newsgroup

from the W.of London. UK

So far not too bad - fingers and everything else crossed.

Rod