Old 15-07-2013, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Ladybirds

On 2013-07-15 15:42:01 +0100, David Rance said:

Did I read somewhere recently that there aren't many ladybirds around
this year?

There certainly are now!

....and damsel flies.

David

Still no ladybirds but quite a few of the common blue damsel flies.
We're awaiting the arrival of something classier! ;-)

I've seen one ladybird so far this year (and have been looking a lot).
Perhaps the corresponding absence of green/white-fly may explain that
and they've gone elsewhere for lunch. OTOH, inundated with damsel
flies which are getting so crowded that they'll try to lay in anything
that has a bit of water in it (including the cat's water bowl - while
the cat's drinking from it - and a glass of water I'd put down for a
minute).

--
Cheers, Jake