Old 16-07-2013, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default cabbage

In article ,
says...

phorbin wrote:
BTK in most cases does just fine.

Why don't you try it.

doesn't meet my requirements.

My response was to Roy's suggestion.

Having read another post of yours, I'd bet that your biggest helper will
probably be wasps.

If you've watched them patrol cabbages, broccoli and the like, you'll have
noticed that they are very thorough and go over every leaf top and bottom until
they find something.

We let the wasps nest mostly wherever and have their own harvest. Between our
picking and squashing and their stinging and carrying away, the cabbages do
well.

One season we had a huge paper wasp nest in the garden shed and no cabbage
caterpillars.

It's a bit different after the cabbages head up. Then our problem is mostly
earwigs and slugs.