Old 16-07-2013, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Watering

On 16/07/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Yes, I know I've banged on about 'thank heaven we put the borehole in'
but....a few weeks ago the pump broke down and it took a week to get
another and fit it. During that week, we had to use mains water and
last night Ray told me it cost £500! So it is indeed 'thank heaven for
that borehole'!! I believe our water board is one of the most expensive
in the country but even so! Think of how much we must all cost ourselves
if we waste any - taps left running during teeth brushing, letting it
run down the sink while waiting for it to heat are just two that come to
mind.

Washing the car with a hosepipe.
Flushing the Loo every time it is used (If it's yellow let it mellow, if
it's brow flush it down)
If you flush 5 times less per day you save over 3500 gallons a year.