Old 16-07-2013, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default Ladybirds

"David Hill" wrote
On 15/07/2013 23:37, wrote:
Jake wrote:
I've seen one ladybird so far this year (and have been looking a
lot).

I haven't seen any fully grown ladybird for a while, but I think I've
seen a few larvae

More lady birds around here than I have seen for several years,
started in April.
David @ a cool side of Swansea Bay

Only seen one solitary ladybird so far. Perhaps it's too hot for them
across here in the east; they must all be holidaying over on your side
of the country. There does seem to be fewer red peril lily beetles this
year
too, which is one good thing.

By contrast we've had loads of bumble bees of all sizes and I was
pleased to see we've had hordes of honey bees again visiting the
variegated euonymus that grows up the south facing back wall of our
garage. The flowers are only tiny but you soon know when they're
blossoming because of the loud buzzing as you walk past. The bees have
also now spread attentions to a tall Cotoneaster lacteus further down
the
garden that's begun to flower on its sunnier side.

--
Sue in sunny & dry E Anglia