Old 16-07-2013, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Watering

Personally, I am infuriated by the enormous amounts of light used to
illuminate shop windows long after closing time, or almost-deserted
streets. We have no street lighting here and nobody wants it. What we
do have are fabulous views of the moon and stars and we'd rather go with
that. Right now, I'm looking at a beautiful, clear half moon from my
study window.

Strange,
We also have half a moon over Swansea, I wonder if we have the other half?
I'm also metered, which is one reason for hose watering all the pots out
the field, it's slower but I can check for problems and I don't get a
lot of weed growth.
I am finding some thrip damage this year on dahlias, something I've
hardly ever seen before, so it will have to be a cut out and burn
followed by spraying.
David @ a yet again hot side of Swansea Bay