Old 17-07-2013, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] wardjfb@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default Watering

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:12:05 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

Yes, I know I've banged on about 'thank heaven we put the borehole in'

but....a few weeks ago the pump broke down and it took a week to get

another and fit it. During that week, we had to use mains water and last

night Ray told me it cost £500! So it is indeed 'thank heaven for that

borehole'!! I believe our water board is one of the most expensive in the

country but even so! Think of how much we must all cost ourselves if we

waste any - taps left running during teeth brushing, letting it run down

the sink while waiting for it to heat are just two that come to mind.

--

I guess you have a water meter then?

Although I could choose to have one and it might indeed save me a bit of

money, I don't want to worry about every time I turn the tap on.

I consider myself responsible about water use and and careful with it but

tbh, if I am prepared to pay a company for supplying me with water quite a

lot of money per year for doing so, it's up to them to do so.

Imagine if your gas or electric supplier said "Pay us xxx every year for

your g or e, but do try not to use it"

We have two holiday lets and the one that is less used is on a meter and that costs us more than the one that isn't on a meter.

Jonathan