Old 17-07-2013, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] is offline

Default Allium sphaerocephalon

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:17:08 +0100, Sacha wrote:

We've just been out to lunch with friends and atour of their beautiful
garden. They have lots of theese Allium about the place and it's a new
one to me, so just in case some urglers don't know it, I thought I'd
pass it on. It's flowering now and looks lovely and airy, swaying
gently in a breeze. Its other great bonus - to me - is that it seeds
itself around quite happily.

They grew like weeds in the front garden in my previous house. When I
moved house last year I tried to transplant a few. They all died.
Perhaps I would do better using seeds.

Steve