Old 17-07-2013, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Cotton wool tree??

On 2013-07-17 17:56:27 +0100, Spider said:

A friend has asked me if I know the identity of the tree near her home
which produces a mass of cotton wool as it sheds its seeds. 'Her' tree
is in Bristol, but I saw a similar display at Hampton Court on
Saturday. Alas, I couldn't get close enough to it to see if there was
a label. I know it's not much information, but these trees are
currently shedding their white woolly seed mass. Any ideas, please?

Could it be Populus nigra?

Crikey, that was quick! Yes, it certainly could. I'll tell her and, of
course, give you the credit. Great stuff! Thanks, Sacha.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London