Old 17-07-2013, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Cotton wool tree??

Don't know the name but I know the one you mean. I lived at Kingston on
Thames during the war and we had a row of them on the road down to the
river. Make a mess? .................... Yes but I thought they were great.

I wonder if they are still there.

Mike

"Spider" wrote in message ...

A friend has asked me if I know the identity of the tree near her home
which produces a mass of cotton wool as it sheds its seeds. 'Her' tree
is in Bristol, but I saw a similar display at Hampton Court on Saturday.
Alas, I couldn't get close enough to it to see if there was a label.
I know it's not much information, but these trees are currently shedding
their white woolly seed mass. Any ideas, please?
--
Spider
from high ground in SE London