Old 18-07-2013, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Lonicera henryi

-
On 2013-07-18 10:20:54 +0000, David Hill said:
-
Never seen it looking so good as this year.
http://tinyurl.com/leo2s8f

http://tinyurl.com/n7f7dzt

http://tinyurl.com/ldelayx

David @ an overcast but hot side of Swansea Bay.-

My daughter has this growing in her garden and its just smothered in
flowers. It's not one I knew, which seems a glaring omission! But
it's
very lovely.-
Would you like some?
No read scent but very vigorous grower..-

Certainly would, David! Thank you. We noticed it had only the faintest

scent but it's so pretty and as you say, so vigorous that I think it
can be forgiven. Very kind of you!
-

Don't underestimate its vigour. Think Clematis montana in terms of
height and spread (although it's not so fast growing).

Thanks, Kay. I think I know where we might be able to put it if The
Boss agrees!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com