Old 19-07-2013, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Marguerite - or not?

On 2013-07-19 21:33:42 +0100, Jim S said:

I bought a plant today labelled Marguerite, but it is not what I
remember,as a child. It's nice enough, with daisy-like flowers, blueish
feathery leaves and about 14" tall. I think it may be Argyranthemum and if
so is not hardy.
The Marguerite I remember as a child was taller with bigger flowers, dark
green smooth pointed leaves, hard stems and an odd smell. I would have
suggested a type of chrysanthemum, but I have grown many types of 'show'
chrysanths and they all had dull 'lobed' leaves.
Any ideas?

I suspect you're thinking of Shasta daisies?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com