Old 19-07-2013, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default Weed of the Week: Field Poppies (Papaver rhoeas)

In article , joevan
writes
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:18:51 +0100, Mad Cow
wrote:

Cultivated versions are called Shirley poppies: this is the genuine
weed.
[ Section: 1/1 File: z_Poppy_4628.JPG UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version

5.02 S ]
Weed it may be but I would like a dozen or so in one of my big pots.
Could you send me some seeds?

If you're in North America that would be illegal (to prevent the spread
of pests and diseases). However, being a weed it's widespread there
anyway - if you can't find any growing wild you can buy seeds from
amazon.com! Really!
--
Sue ]8(