Old 21-07-2013, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default dahlia fashionmonger

Anyone want dahlia fashion monger? I an two other gardeners ordered
After Eight amongst other varieties such as Karma fuchsiama from a
dahlia nursery (NOT Abacus!) back last autumn and carefully potted up
all the tubers when they arrived.
Now they are flowering they have turned out to be NOT Twining After
Eight but fashion monger which has to be the leariest coloured Dahlia
combination of colours imaginable.
I managed to stick a couple in other gardens but still have one
carefully nurtured (gnashing of teeth) in a pot

Told the nursery owner today when we saw him at Chenies and he explained
we weren't the only victims. Seems Fashion monger and Twinings AE came
from the same nursery and were all wrongly labelled. He (the owner)
wasn't best pleased as he had had a run of enquiries about fashion
monger which he had no stock of (apparently)

Anyway not his fault and he was most helpful and conciliatory and will
give us all After Eight replacements next year and oh goody we get to
keep Dahlia FM

This is it in its full glory

http://www.rosecottageplants.co.uk/d...-3-tubers/p490

ps Charlie and his wife was there doing a roaring trade, - told him I
only lived about 2 miles from Chenies so they could have stopped at my
house overnight!
Lovely to meet people you only talk to on the internet.

Janet
--
Janet T.
Amersham