Old 21-07-2013, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Today's harvest

"""People talk about pyracantha as good hedging to keep villains out but I'm
sure gooseberries would do a better job and you get the fruit (if you're
brave enough)"""

Didn't stop two naughty boys putting their hands through a hole in the fence
at Kingston Upon Thames during the war years and 'scrumping' Gooz Gogs from
a bush just the other side :-)

Mike

Me?

Now would I ever????????????

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

Vicky wrote

2 large punnets of gooseberries, a medium punnet each of redcurrants
and whitecurrants and blackcurrants.

No idea what to do with them now. Seems a shame to freeze them, but
I've kind of eaten as many as I can today, and there's plenty more to
be picked tomorrow!

We picked 12lbs of gooseberries this morning from one bush, now topped and
tailed and washed/dried and in the freezer. Dug up three plants of early
spuds (Sherine and Rocket) some for a neighbour. Cut two large pointed
cabbage one given away, pulled some carrots, and picked some runner beans,
picked the last of the early peas, cut some courgettes and also picked a
punnet of dark cherries. Cleaned up and brought home all the Jermor shallots
and the garlic (Thermidrome and Germidour). A good morning.
That leaves another gooseberry bush to pick tomorrow, then our skin can
start to heal. :-(
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.