Old 21-07-2013, 11:13 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
2 large punnets of gooseberries, a medium punnet each of redcurrants
and whitecurrants and blackcurrants.

No idea what to do with them now. Seems a shame to freeze them, but
I've kind of eaten as many as I can today, and there's plenty more to
be picked tomorrow!

--
It does seem a shame to freeze, but it seems a lot less of a shame when you fish them out of the freezer in those gloomy days in January and February.

We have masses of alpine strawberries, raspberries and tayberries. So I pick them each day, and any we haven't eaten by the end of the day are added to the stock in the freezer.