Old 22-07-2013, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Today's harvest

Janet wrote:
Already have an awful lot of jam, from emptying the freezer and finding
all last year's leftover fruits! Tempted to make a pale coloured gooseberry
and whitecurrant jam, though.

Have you tried gooseberry fool? Our kids loved it, especially when
made with real custard. You've got the eggs..

I thought gooseberry fool was made with cream rather than eggs. I may give it
a go, and the suggestion of ice-cream if I can find space in the freezer.
Although tbh, the gooseberries are the least of a problem, as Daniel seems to
be happy to munch through them (he says he doesn't like the skin so much, but
he's not started spitting it out /yet/).

I've got a bowl of red and white currants for lunch today (and an almond croissant
so as not to appear too healthy)