Old 22-07-2013, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default Today's harvest

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 wrote:

Janet wrote:
Already have an awful lot of jam, from emptying the freezer and finding
all last year's leftover fruits! Tempted to make a pale coloured gooseberry
and whitecurrant jam, though.

Have you tried gooseberry fool? Our kids loved it, especially when
made with real custard. You've got the eggs..

I thought gooseberry fool was made with cream rather than eggs.

Traditionally it was made with custard but today it's usually made with
whipped cream or even yoghurt.

David