Old 23-07-2013, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bonfires

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 06:58:32 +0100, Mike wrote:

Thank you Christine, but I do know the rules, it's just that so many
people don't and cause trouble quoting rules and bye laws which don 't
exist. I just wondered what people on here know; or 'think' they know.

But that isn't the question you asked! You asked "Hard and fast
written down, not 'I believe'."

But to be fair, it all depends. My garden is very long with literally
a mile of fields after that, so no-one will notice if I light a bonfire.

1/2 a mile to the nearest neighbours here. Think we've had a couple
of fires since we moved in but not a garden bonfire with damp
cuttings, mostly old doors or other non-reuseable bits of wood,
chipboard, etc

--
Cheers
Dave.