Old 23-07-2013, 08:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it

"princess" wrote in
message roups.com...
Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

There will be some damage. If the ground is very wet and soft the truck may
leave ruts in the yard that will have to be addressed if you want them out.
If the truck looses traction and the wheels spin, it will often kill the
grass in that spot.

If the ground is dry and hard, there will not be much damage and it may not
even be noticed after a good soaking rain.

Right now I live in the middle of NC and it has rained almost every day for
about 3 weeks. Even my riding lawn mower is leaving some ruts in the yard
when I mow, but after several days they seem to be gone.