Old 23-07-2013, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default A plea for help with Carrot fly

"Malcolm" wrote in message ...

I've grown them in the past at ground level under fleece which has always
worked for me. This year, though, I thought I would try something different
and so, rather than use a fleece, I've sprayed on Nemasys Grow Your Own,
from the moment the first leaves appeared and then fortnightly. This
contains nematodes that control against a range of pests. Available on
Amazon. I've also been very careful not to leave holes when thinning, but
to press the soil down, and, so far, no signs of damage, and thinnings up
to half an inch thick and 3-4 inches long.

Never knowingly had an attack from fly round here. Just them pesky bunnies
that attack, given half a chance. They eat off the tops given half a chance.

Pete