Old 23-07-2013, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bonfires

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

How wide spread are "green waste" collections? All ours gets are
woody prunings and the ragwort, dock, thistle etc...

Some councils offer green waste collection free. Mine offers a brown bin
the size of a wheelie bin for £16/year collected once a fortnight. I could
fill that in one day!
I do a lot of composting but very occasionally I have a bonfire in an
incinerator, which as I said before is so far down my garden that no-one
even notices AFAIK.
Never had any complaints anyway.
Tina