Old 23-07-2013, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Very welcome rain

"Christina Websell" wrote ...

Thunderstorms all last night with torrential rain here in Leics.
Perked the veggie plot up no end - no amount of watering is as good as a
downpour.

Downside was a text from Blight Alert for my postcode..great service, btw,
if you grow potatoes.

I was woken up in the night by a thunder storm some way away and rain, then
when I got up and went to check and we had got 0.9 mm. Later another belt of
rain and it went up to 2.3 mm. So not much use for the plants.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.