Old 24-07-2013, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default dahlia fashionmonger

On 2013-07-24 17:42:07 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

On 22/07/2013 00:09, wrote:
Aww, I just googled them, and the Fashion Monger are much more pretty!

eh? are you joking? ugh, yellow, red a bit of white thrown in and not
much else whereas After eight shines in the evening and the dark leaves
conrast so well with the flowers.

Depends how you like your Dahlias, I suppose. I wouldn't like Fashion
Monger but love Twyning's After Eight. I'm happy ours has survived and
is just flowering now, though it's not a strong plant. We don't lift
our Dahlias but I might suggest to Ray that we put some fleece over
them this year. Most are in the border of the house's south wall, so
they don't get too wet.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com