Old 24-07-2013, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Bonfires

On 2013-07-24 18:22:55 +0100, David Hill said:

On 24/07/2013 17:11, Janet wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

On 24/07/2013 11:24, Janet wrote:
In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

Remember we started cremation here in the UK
See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wales/pos...s_of_cremation

Of course we didn't; it was used thousands of years earlier

http://crematorium.eu/history_of_cremation.html

Price, as an educated and political man living in the hey day of the
British Raj would certainly have known corpse cremation was long used in
India.

Janet

OK I'll put it another way
Cremation in the UK was started in Wales, with Dr William Price,

No it wasn't. Try again :-) You might start with the Vikings and
work backwards beyond the Romans...

Janet

And you would remember?

Cremation as we understand it is relatively modern. Tidily tucked into
a box and gliding away etc. is a relatively new process. A funeral
pyre is a rather different thing but the outcome is the same. Indeed,
one could say that, whatever the method chosen, that is so!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com