Old 25-07-2013, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Very welcome rain

On 2013-07-25 10:03:17 +0100, David Hill said:

Even that hasn't worked. The rain forecast for yesterday afternoon
turned out to be a few drops per square metre. Just enough to make
people rush out and bring things in.

Well here in This part of South Wales we had some good steady rain for
a large part of the night, I don't know how much as I forgot to empty
the rain gauge after using the sprinklers on the outside plants, but
there are no puddles, no mud and the ground still has cracks ready for
any more water to be taken in fast.
I bet the weeds will love it.
David @ a damp side of Swansea Bay.

I think we probably had about the same deal, David. It started at
around 11pm and probably went on for most of the night because there
were raindrops on the climbers outside our window this morning. But
things are so dry it will have helped the pots but probably not the
garden much. At least there's no outdoor watering today - yet!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com