Old 25-07-2013, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Bonfires

On 25/07/2013 16:51, bert wrote:
In message , Christina Websell
writes

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

How wide spread are "green waste" collections? All ours gets are
woody prunings and the ragwort, dock, thistle etc...

Some councils offer green waste collection free. Mine offers a brown bin
the size of a wheelie bin for £16/year collected once a fortnight. I
could
fill that in one day!

Ours is "free"
I do a lot of composting but very occasionally I have a bonfire in an
incinerator, which as I said before is so far down my garden that no-one
even notices AFAIK.

Whether a bonfire is ant-social depends very much on proximity of
neighbours. For that reason we never have one. Compost, brown bin or off
to the Garden Waste skip at the local tip.

Never had any complaints anyway.
Tina

Just because they haven't complained doesn't mean they're not unhappy.

If they complain just curse and say you forgot the herrings you were
going to make kippers out of.