Old 26-07-2013, 04:05 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_3_] View Post
Does anybody have any forming? Should they by now?
Mine and everybody elses on the allotment are only leaf, but look healthy
enough. 600mm (2') high.
Bearing in mind that summer is comming into autumn in a few weeks and
sunlight is shorter.
I would expect to see a few very small ones now. And for once there are no
whitefly on them.
I confess I've never grown them before so I don't know what should happen. Mine are a bit variable in their progress. The larger ones do have what look like tiny little sprouts growing in the leaf axils. The smaller ones need to do a bit more growing.

You say autumn is coming fast but aren't sprouts harvested quite late into the autumn? So a lot of time yet? And they carry on growing fine in cool weather?