Old 26-07-2013, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Rain water storage

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:17:59 +0100, Another John
wrote:

In article ,
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

It's years since I needed to store a lot of rainwater. After trying
water butts I decided to dig a pond. The house roof drainage was
redirected to keep the pond full. Water was taken from the pond as
needed from a constantly running waterfall pump.

Nice. How bigs the pond, please?

John

It was about 4000 litres.

What happened in winter to the overflow, when roof drainage continued
to fill the pond and you didn't need to water the garden?

Janet.