Old 26-07-2013, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Rain water storage

"Broadback" wrote ...

I have set up three rainwater butts, linked at the bottom. works quite well
but from time to time develops a leak in one joint or another. I have been
looking at larger storage tanks, but they seem ridiculously expensive. Any
suggestions?

Too late for you now but I just let the water overflow from one to the
other, each tank is set slightly lower than the first to allow for this and
the only "connections" that are below water level are the taps which they
all need. The first one collects most of the muck off the roof too leaving
the other quite clean. You need taps on all of them so you drain one first
(the dirty one so you can clean it out) and then go to the next.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.