Old 26-07-2013, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Brussels sprouts sprouting.

"Baz" wrote

Does anybody have any forming? Should they by now?
Mine and everybody elses on the allotment are only leaf, but look healthy
enough. 600mm (2') high.
Bearing in mind that summer is comming into autumn in a few weeks and
sunlight is shorter.
I would expect to see a few very small ones now. And for once there are no
whitefly on them.

At 2ft tall they have a lot of growing to do yet so I wouldn't worry, indeed
I'd be concerned if mine had sprouts showing too soon. We want them to use
right through the winter. Depends on the variety you planted, some are early
winter and others quite late.
No whitefly here either and no sign of Flea Beatle this year although the
Black fly on the runner beans has been terrible.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.