Old 27-07-2013, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Very welcome rain

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:22:54 +0200, Martin wrote:

We still haven't had more than a few drops of rain.

I think that is about to change...

Thunderstorms heading in our direction divide and pass to the east or
west of us.

Massive one just heading out of France across Belgium on NE'ly path
to the Netherlands:

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/...n&subpage_0=16

It does have a few very narrow gaps but they are very narrow, I'd say
it'll be over Suid Holland in the next 2 to 3 hours. That storm was
over the South Bay of Biscay/French coast late last night.

The rain radar shows some *very* heavy rain associated with it.

http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Two distinct bands earlier but have fallen apart a bit now.

--
Cheers
Dave.