Old 27-07-2013, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Cow Pond, The Great Park, Windsor

"Sacha" wrote ...

Bob Hobden said:

Recently renovated and improved...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...7634812033137/

OR as it was before...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...7624392723072/

I can see what they tried to do but somehow it's lost a lot in the
process.

It looks a bit too 'manicured' now?

We took some friends that haven't been there for years, and then it was in
the winter, they were shocked that it had lost it's slightly unkept charm
and was now just a boring large rectangular pond with lilies. Manicured to
within an inch of it's life. A bit like tidying up the Lost Gardens of
Helegan.

The Savill Garden wanted to show the before and after in their magazine and
asked me if they could use my before photos which I agreed. Suffice to say
none got printed of the before, it would have shown exactly what my before
and after here show.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.