Old 28-07-2013, 02:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_2_] Gus[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels, again

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

I've been putting out peanuts here for more than ten years and there
aren't more than 4-5 squirrels... the population doesn't grow because
wild critters are extremely territorial

There was another half eaten young, green tomato on the railing out back
yesterday evening. I put out a couple little tubs of water this morning
and going to get some peanuts today. If they keep stealing the young
green tomatoes, I'm going to just pull off all there are and let them
ripen on the counter... Yesterday, it rained a fair amount and there
were puddles so I don't think the squirrel(s) are biting the tomatoes
for just the water, or maybe they are just lazy insensitive squirrels.

Where do you put your peanuts? Near the garden? Out by trees they live
in? Maybe I can put out peanuts with peanut butter with extra
butter--or better, trans fat margarine-- on the peanuts, and they will
get fat with clogged arteries and have heart attacks and fall out of the
trees.