Old 28-07-2013, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Heavy Showers

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:09:39 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Well here near Swansea Bay we are wondering where all this talked about
Rain is, we have had 3 short sharp showers so far today, hardly enough
to lay the dust, but certainly not enough for me to be able to forget
about watering the dahlias out the field.
The ground is still cracked and washing the car did nothing except a
clean place for the privet flowers to fall onto.
David

At this end we've so far had 6 heavy bursts, lasting for about 5
minutes each but interspersed with lighter rain or drizzle.
Interestingly, during the heavy bursts the wind dropped and the
rainfall was almost vertical. But during the light/drizzle periods the
wind has been picking up a fair bit and the grass around trees is
looking a bit autumnal! Leaf raking's on the agenda for tomorrow.

--
Cheers, Jake