Old 28-07-2013, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Heavy Showers

At this end we've so far had 6 heavy bursts, lasting for about 5
minutes each but interspersed with lighter rain or drizzle.
Interestingly, during the heavy bursts the wind dropped and the
rainfall was almost vertical. But during the light/drizzle periods the
wind has been picking up a fair bit and the grass around trees is
looking a bit autumnal! Leaf raking's on the agenda for tomorrow.

I use http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ so know where the rain is, but as
Swansea is the wettest city in the UK it seems strange we are missing
just about all of what is around, but as I write this we are having the
heaviest shower/rain that we have had in weeks.
What I gave the dahlias today wont be wasted as they all had a liquid
feed with it.
Sounds as if you are having more rain than us Jake.
David