Old 29-07-2013, 12:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels, again

Gus said:

New ones will just move in... My NIL cousin has four acres in the
country and has killed 43 squirrels this year. They've gotten into his
wiring and caused lots of damage besides just stealing tomatoes.

Last Monday morning I found a very freshly dead male fox squirrel in
front of the house (and collected the corpse for My Daughter the Zoologist).

By noon, and through the rest of the day, there were at least three male
squirrels chasing, fighting, biting, tail-flicking, growling and sqealing their
way around our yard. Apparently the Capo di tutti capi squirrel snuffing
it left a power vaccuum. They must have settled things in short order--the
next day everything was back to normal.

(Squirrels are excluded from the vegetable garden during the growing
season by a carefully reinforced fence with a charge wire at the top.)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored