Old 29-07-2013, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Rain

Well in the last 12 hours we've had almost an inch of rain.
But if we thought we had problems last summer, this is from the dahlia
group I belong to
"Thought it was just me, but here in North Central Ohio we have had so
much rain in June and July that I think my dahlias are just giving up.
I have lost about 40-50 of my 200 in the ground. They are just going
limp and drying up. I suspect the tubers are rotting. To finish them
off we had 7.4 inches of rain last weekend and have followed that with
nearly 4 more inches of rain during the week."
David @ the side of Swansea Bay