Old 29-07-2013, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default composting

Gus wrote:

Was having problem with fruit flies in my garbage so I started putting
fruit remnants in a bag in the fridge and then put in the garbage on
garbage day. Banana peels, apple cores, melon rinds, etc. Would
probably be better if I composted the stuff though instead of going to
the landfill. But if I just throw it out in the garden won't that
attract flies and fruit flies, and coons, etc. Should it be buried?

yes, it does help to bury it deeply enough that
the critters won't get to it.

songbird