Old 29-07-2013, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cleaning polytunnels and greenhouses!

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 29/07/2013 18:08, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Some years ago on here I explained how we clean our polytunnels using a
rope
an old towel and a spouse! Its quite hard work but reasonably effective.
Last week I was told there is an easier way!

I am probably the last one in the country to find this out but the
decking/patio cleaners that fit onto pressure washers are pure magic,
cleaned the tunnel better in a fraction of the time and with a lot less
effort.

I have now ordered an extra extension piece so I reach the middle

Many years ago I succeeded in blowing a hole in a brittle curved plastic
panel (PVC?)in a conservatory by careless use of a pressure washer. I'd
have thought that polythene would have been even more likely to suffer
unexpected ventilation...

--

Jeff

The polythene seems elastic enough that it does not suffer any ill effects,
the worst tunnel was one whose cover is now 8 years old so its well past its
replacement age but has suffered no ill effects

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs