Old 30-07-2013, 12:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Stirrings

"Derald" wrote in message
songbird wrote:

the dog days of winter?

Do they even have dog days in Oz?

Well, if you are asking if we have them and name them as such to coincide
with the rising of the Dog Star as did the ancient Romans and Greeks, then
no, we don't have them because the Dog Star can be seen for much of the year
here (or so I've been told).

If, however, you mean do we have those stinking hot days of mid summer that
are called 'dog days', then yes, we certainly do have them. A week of temps
over the old ton are enough to drive both humans and dogs quite bonkers.