Old 30-07-2013, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Aid to cut a small hedge straight

Broadback wrote in news:kt7o2f$hdm$1
@dont-email.me:

I have no eye, so my straight lines aren't. I try running string the
length of the hedge, but that does not work well, apart from anything
else I tend to keep cutting the string, also of course it bows in the
middle. Is there any way of ensuring I cut my mini hedge straight? I
have a laser level, but sadly that does not show up in the bright
outdoors. TIA

How small is small. Mine is hip height so I hold my trimmer yight
against my hip and walk along.
A plank or a clothes prop might replace the string - even reting it on
the top would show you the high points.

--
Jim S
Tyneside UK