Old 30-07-2013, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Broomrape

On 29/07/2013 23:24, RustyHinge wrote:
On 29/07/13 12:31, Spider wrote:
On 29/07/2013 08:28, Martin wrote:

On 2013-07-28 18:44:25 +0100, Spider said:

On 28/07/2013 15:20, RustyHinge wrote:
On 09/07/13 08:43, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jul 2013 22:45:22 +0100,
wrote:

On 08/07/2013 09:51, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 14:48:58 +0100,
wrote:

Yesterday, I noticed a single stem of Ivy Broomrape growing
in my
mainly
Pyracantha hedge where a pretty ivy grows through. Although I've
seen
images in books, I'd never seen a living one before. I believe
it's
parasitic on ivy, but don't know how it gets there. Is it in
some
way
endemic? Or is seed distributed by birds?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broomrape

Thanks for that, Martin. Another useful link. I'll have a good
read
tomorrow. Spent the day in the garden today and pulled a muscle
helfting something, so just catching up here now.
Thanks again.

Take it easy. Get well soon.

Isn't that what the sexy oyster did - pulled a mussel?

Grooaaann! I shan't get a winkle of sleep now, after that :~).

You cod always take an aspirin!

I'd rather keep the hake.

That's just a red herring.

It's time I put you in your plaice.

Some people have no sole. (I'm a dab hand at this, and not yet
floundering.)

You think you're so brill, don't you?

--
Spider