Old 31-07-2013, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JT JT is offline

Default Rain Radar

I have used "rain Today" premium for some years, it costs £25 a year and
worth every penny. Very useful mobile app. About to go out to play golf
y'day and it showed a heavy shower coming our way and it did. It gives you a
2 hour forecast. Only downside is I am popular with other members asking me
for rain forecasts!!

Netweather is superb for lightning strikes.

JT

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message ...

So does the netweather URL, but you have to (repeatedly)
turn the animation on/off.

The netweather URL also appears to indicate lightning,
but I've yet to assess the effectiveness.

On 30/07/13 09:04, 'Mike' wrote:
Thanks Tom I like that one as it shows the path of the rain. We have a
massive rain cloud over us now!! Have to go to the Theatre in a minute, I
guess it will be a dash from the car park!!

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message ...

On 30/07/13 07:44, 'Mike' wrote:
Some people may be interested

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Or the very similar, but with a slightly easier URL to remember
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I find them useful if I want to have a good guess
as to whether it will rain in the next hour or two.