Old 31-07-2013, 01:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels, again

In article
songbird writes:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
True, home vegetable gardening is a hobby... the definition of a hobby
is something one does for enjoyment but costs money, once it shows a
profit it's called a business... no way a home vegetable garden saves
money.

we save between $500-$1500/yr in food costs.

I don't think I come close to breaking even at this point, but I'm
really a recycled beginner (gardening after a break of ~15 years).
So I'm still figuring out what works for me in Ohio, which isn't
the same as what once worked for me in Virginia.

so yes, there is a way...

My grandparents did pretty well with it for about 60 years. It
didn't hurt that they were brought up on it (so they expected to
work hard). Nor did it hurt that their garden was huge with a
stream diverted to water it.

I would like to think that when retirement age comes (I'm 51 now),
I will have the cash flow reversed.

--
Drew Lawson | We were taking a vote when